Compensation with Evohome

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
Tregrill

Compensation with Evohome

Post by Tregrill »

Has weather compensation been added to the Evohome package?
garymtitley

Re: Compensation with Evohome

Post by garymtitley »

No I don’t believe it has,it uses internet based weather which is not that accurate.
thecarfixer

Post by thecarfixer »

It's also working in a very basic/rudimentary form - if the difference between the (obtained from the internet) outside temp, and the zone is greater than the threshold (of your choosing in the settings) it'll jack the temperature up of that zone by a set (of your choosing) amount.

'Proper' weather comp applies a correction to the flow temperature, more sophisticated implementations of it let you specify a compensation curve to tailor the behaviour to your house. I can't help thinking that evohome is getting a bit 'old' in that respect, it's quite primitive.
Tregrill

Post by Tregrill »

Thanks for the replies
For a 'flagship' product it does surprise me that Honeywell, with all their knowledge and resources, haven't added flow temperature compensation.
Particularly since European boilers are now nearly all condensing, I might have to add it to mine with a Raspberry Pi !
Midori

Post by Midori »

Evohome DOES NOT provide "weather compensation". This makes it totally useless and non compliant with current regulations. Search Resideo website to see their statement. (see jpeg copy attachment below)
Attachments
Evohome Weather Compensation 2024-03-29.jpg
Evohome Weather Compensation 2024-03-29.jpg (203.6 KiB) Viewed 83 times