Comms fault hot water valve actuator

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
adamski88

Re: Comms fault hot water valve actuator

Post by adamski88 »

Yeahhh, cant believe I forgot about that now :lol:

In regards to the battery seemingly being dead, this means I won't be able to move it from its plugged in location (will be fine when working again as I use the app anyway) but can you see this posing any problems when trying to rebind the devices? Do they need to be somewhat close together?

As i mentioned before, when taking it off the cradle now, it completely loses power but when powered back on all my zones etc are still there and the hourglass will turn back to temp readings within 40 mins or so for all of them - im assuming the unit has some sort of non-volatile memory which saved the configuration settings etc in the event of total loss of power?
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

It shouldn't make any issues having the battery not working. I pre-bind all the evohome controllers at work without the batteries enabled and they work fine.

Also the distance to the items shouldn't be an issue either when you are binding them, just means you will have to run around a bit more between the item you are binding and the evotouch controller.

We also have a load of evohome videos on our MWPHS channel playlist - https://www.youtube.com/@MWPHS/featured

Manufacturer technical support is available on 0300 130 1299 if you get stuck. :ugeek:

Good luck. 8-)
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home
adamski88

Post by adamski88 »

Thanks, glad to hear about the batteries and the distances.

I gave them a call, we didnt get very far!

It looks like the BDR91 relay for the hot water is faulty, no lights come on by pressing and holding the button.

Going to take the cover off and check its still receiving power okay
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Ah nightmare! If you need a replacement we do a BDR91 equivalent here (https://thesmartthermostatshop.co.uk/pr ... ell-bdr91/).

BDR91's don't normally fail without good reason, so make sure all electrical checks are done prior to installing a replacement. :geek:
adamski88

Post by adamski88 »

Richard wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 pm Ah nightmare! If you need a replacement we do a BDR91 equivalent here (https://thesmartthermostatshop.co.uk/pr ... ell-bdr91/).

BDR91's don't normally fail without good reason, so make sure all electrical checks are done prior to installing a replacement. :geek:
Thanks, this was actually one of the few items I bought locally though so the shop are getting me a replacement.

Which electrical checks would you reccomend?

Thanks
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Electrical continuity, earth loop impedance... The usual stuff! :geek:
adamski88

Post by adamski88 »

The replacement finally arrived!

Once I get it fitted, is it a matter of following the instructions in your video just to get them paired up? From what I've read I think it just needs connected to the base unit?
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

adamski88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm The replacement finally arrived!

Once I get it fitted, is it a matter of following the instructions in your video just to get them paired up? From what I've read I think it just needs connected to the base unit?
Yep pretty much, as long as they are wired as per the system diagram I put up in the post?
adamski88

Post by adamski88 »

Thanks Richard, appreciate all your help!

Should get time tomorrow to install the new relay. Reading the manual ahead of time, woud I be right in assuming the CS92 is okay as its bound to the evohome controller? I should only need to bind the new BDR91
Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

adamski88 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:55 pm Thanks Richard, appreciate all your help!

Should get time tomorrow to install the new relay. Reading the manual ahead of time, woud I be right in assuming the CS92 is okay as its bound to the evohome controller? I should only need to bind the new BDR91
Personally I would just follow the stored water guided configuration and re-bind in the CS92A.