Daily "Comms Fault" message

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
paulhiggs

Daily "Comms Fault" message

Post by paulhiggs »

Hello
I have a newly installed system with 2 EvoHome controllers - the first has 5 underfloor heating zones via an HCC80R and hard-connects to the boiler, while the second controls 11 zones of HR91 TRVs and the hot water cylinder.
Everyday the second system shows a "Comms Fault" screen around 6pm and the fault logbook shows
29-11-2021 18:07 FAULT COMMS FAULT, ACTUATOR
30-11-2021 14:57 RESTORE COMMS FAULT, ACTUATOR

This pattern of FAULT follow by RESTORE happens every day. The system was originally installed without the UHF controller and had a separate wireless device to activate the boiler, but the error was also showing up at that time.

I have been through all of the HR91 zones and deleted them then added them again but the fault still shows.

Is there a way to identify which device (i.e. ACTUATOR) the evohome is trying and failing to communicate with?
All three functions (room TRVs, hot water cylinder and UFH) work correctly - this fault message is just annoying and I am sure will bother someone if I sell the property.

Thanks