Heating off not overriding minimum target temperature

All Honeywell Home evohome general discussion in here! *PLEASE NOTE* Official Resideo technical support is on 0300 130 1299.
jgrasl

Heating off not overriding minimum target temperature

Post by jgrasl »

Since 2024 April 19th my evohome setup works differently than before.
I have some zones set with their minimum temperature on the default 5 degrees value and some with changed minimum temperature, 15 and 21 degrees.
Before the 19th when I turned off heating all of my zones were set to 5 degrees but now Heating off is "respecting" the minimum values of the different zones. This way even with heating off one of my zone stays set to 21 and kicks in the boiler going below 21 even though evohome heating is off. This makes it impossible to turn off heating when zones have higher minimum value than 5.
So far the minimum temperature affected only the away mode which is the expected so even if I go away some rooms keep the set minimum temperature but when I turn the heating off I expect it to turn off, for example opening the window for a longer period and let the room go colder than it's minimum set temperature.

I've realized that on that exact day Resieo updated the documentation about the latest firmware available but I couldn't find any release notes with any changes.
https://support.resideo.com/s/article/H ... uage=en_US

Is it the new normal? Do someone else have the same issue?
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Heating off not overriding minimum target temperature

Post by Richard »

I wasn't aware of the new firmware, but it does seem to have been recently updated by Resideo. What firmware are you running on the device now?
Home: 2012 Built Oak & Timber Frame Home (EPC Score 95 - A Rated)
Renewable Tech: GSHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV & 20kWh Battery Storage
Smart Home Platform: Home Assistant, Shelly & Salus Smart Home